Saturday, June 28, 2008

Higher Thinking

The Beginning

I decided to begin this blog because I fell in love with philosophy and wanted to continue critiquing the work of both the ancient Greeks as well as the more recent works of John Locke, Thomas Hobbes, etc. These pieces were the papers that our founding fathers used to draft our constitution. Their interpretation of the works of Locke created the fundamental right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (Locke originally used the right of life, liberty, and property as his ideal).

I will also be using this blog for critiquing various pieces of literature, and papers published by more contemporary thinkers such as someone whose work is quite intriguing to me, Ezra Pound.

I hope fellow lovers of philosophy, and literature will find this page refreshing in a world filled with members of society who for so long have refused to think. Thanks in advance for reading!

No comments: